Saturday, September 12, 2009

the weekly update....

So for the month of September we're a part of a local eating thing that is put together by someone that my sister went to high school with. Everyone that participates has to make one meal a week that is 100% local, then email her with the results.


So this is my week 2 actually that I have to email her by tomorrow. It was quite possibly the best piece of beef I've ever had. The picture does not do it justice, but I don't think any picture would.

The beef is a ribeye from Beaverhead Farms in Jamestown RI that we got from Pat's Pastured at the farmers market. There are pattypans on the side and a fresh herb chimichurri type thing that I put together from some parsley, oregano and mint from the backyard. It makes such a big difference if you can get your hands on a good piece of beef. I don't eat a lot of red meat, but when I do I want it to be like this!



After the fabulous meal I still had some weekend left as it was the holiday, so I decided to pick up some plums and put 'em in some jars. Thus I have Italian plums in honey syrup. Hopefully in the middle of winter they will make a very nice something. God only knows what, I don't think I've ever made anything with plums before.






Then I still had more time and decided I needed to make some sweet potato zucchini bread with chocolate chips of course. There was so much batter that I ended up with 2 loaf pans and these mini muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment