Monday, September 7, 2009

Beginnings

I'm not a writer, I'm not a photographer but I do like to cook good food and try to take pictures of it and share it with people for whatever reason. I know that in real life seeing good food sometimes inspires others to make it themselves. I guess that's what I want to do here, showcase some of the great creations that come out of our kitchen.


We try to have a local based food repertoire whenever we can, however with the fall/winter fast approaching that always gets to be increasingly difficult. Thus I've found a new obsession with canning things. So far it's just been pickles and jam. In fact as I sit here I am supposed to be making brine for today's pickle batch, I should also put away yesterday's jam production. 14 more pints of peach jam, to add to the other 8 jars I have. Plus based on this post I bought some plums and must also tend to them. Canning doesn't ever seem like it should take all day, yet somehow it always does. Just think how nice it'll be to have fresh white peach jam in February though.

No comments:

Post a Comment